Friday, September 12, 2008

Sark Appearance and Signing

Hello All!

This was beyond anything I could have expected at an author appearance and book signing! I would say that Sark is a life force of joy and creativity! She just glows, and lifted the audience throughout the hour that she spoke and interacted with the audience. She appeared at Changing Hands bookstore to promote her new book, Juicy Pens and Thirsty Paper. We were each given a paper plate, which at one point, we were asked to write what was on our creative plate. While I don't feel I'm creative in the traditional sense, I do feel that I think of creative ways to promote libraries, books and reading, so that people/library patrons become or continue to be interested and enthusiastic about books and reading. I left feeling good about this, and about being able to define it.

Sark's books are colorful works of art containing words of inspiration and wisdom. The book that most people may have seen or know of is Succulent Wild Woman. She also has a line of greeting cards. The books I purchased are
Fabulous Friendship Festival and Living Juicy. And of course after the appearance last night, I wished I had purchased Juicy Pens and Thirsty Paper :), but I'm happy with my choices for now. Visit her website at:
http://www.planetsark.com/

Happy Reading!
Patti

1 comment:

Jen Forbus said...

Hi Patti! I tagged you over on my blog. If you're interested, you can check it out; if not, no worries...you won't hurt my feelings! :)