Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring Reading Plan

Hello All,

I've been going through a phase where I have been enjoying what I'm reading, but I've been feeling overwhelmed. Making the list I made last October and the list I'm making today helps me to feel less overwhelmed, and then I feel excited about what I'm currently reading and what I have in my To-Be-Read pile/list.

The list below is Advance Reader Copies I am grateful to have received; the month is when the book will be released for sale or available at your local libraries (as of this writing)*:

April
Heart of Gold by Beverly Jenkins (A Blessings Novel #5)
A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable
Vintage by Susan Gloss
My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak (YA fiction)

May
Invisible City by Julia Dahl (debut mystery)
On the Rocks by Erin Duffy (fiction, & I loved Bond Girl)
The Garden of Burning Sand by Corban Addison (fiction, Zambia)
The Devil's Workshop by Alex Grecian (historical mystery)
Delicious! by Ruth Reichl (food fiction)
Glorious by Jeff Guinn (western)
A Dark and Twisted Tide by Sharon (SJ) Bolton (Lacey Flint #4)

June
That Summer by Lauren Willig (non-series)
The Ways of the Dead by Neely Tucker (debut mystery)
Only in Spain by Nellie Bennett (travel memoir with flamenco dancing)
Cradle to Grave by Eleanor Kuhns (Will Rees #3, 1790s Maine)
All Day and A Night by Alafair Burke (Ellie Hatcher #5)
Valour and Vanity by Mary Robinette Kowal
Loyalty by Ingrid Thoft (Fina Ludlow #2, Boston PI)

July
The Care and Management of Lies by Jacqueline Winspear (non-series)
Landline by Rainbow Rowell (who, so far, can do no wrong)
The Prime Minister's Secret Agent by Susan Elia MacNeal (historical mystery)

August
Season of the Dragonflies by Sarah Creech

*This doesn't mean I will get to these books before their publication date.

I'm doing a little re-reading of favorite authors who have new books coming out in 2014--
Mary Robinette Kowal (historical [regency] fantasy)
Shades of Milk and Honey 
Glamour in Glass
Without a Summer

Beverly Jenkins (fiction)
Bring on the Blessings
A Second Helping
Something Old, Something New
A Wish and a Prayer

and Deborah Harkness (fantasy, magic, time-travel)
A Discovery of Witches
Shadow of Night
(Book of Life is due out in July!)

Other books I've got in my To-Be-Read pile
Thrown for a Curve by Sugar Jamison (romance)
Now You See Me by SJ Bolton (Lacey Flint #1)
The Trickster's Hat by Nick Bantock (nonfiction)
Hot Rocks by Randy Rawls (female PI, #1)
Jewels in Paradise by Donna Leon (non-series)
Laws in Conflict by Cora Harrison (historical mystery, Ireland)
Death of a Dyer by Eleanor Kuhns (Will Rees #2, historical mystery,1790s, Maine)

I am currently reading A Wish and a Prayer by Beverly Jenkins, and Glamour in Glass by Mary Robinette Kowal 

I've also been exploring my artistic side, but I have nothing I'm ready to share yet; no, I'm not writing.

I hope you all see one or two books that pique your interest, and I hope to share more about these books I'm reading and planning to read.

Happy Reading!
Patti  



No comments: