Saturday, February 10, 2018

February 6 Was an Excellent Day of Books



Hello All,

February 6 was Day of the Book for me. I had one book come in the mail that I had purchased, THIS FALLEN PREY. I had two more books come to me in the mail at work that were advance reader copies, THE VIEW FROM FLYOVER COUNTRY and A SHARP SOLITUDE. Then, I had six books I had requested as holds arrive at my library!!! I was and am happily surrounded by books!!!

February 6 was also the day of my monthly Early Word Galley Chat, where librarians, publishers and occasionally authors and book sellers, talk about books coming out in the next six months or so. Not so surprisingly, I made a list, and found out about some more books whose publication dates are on the horizon!

Here is my list: 

Recently purchased:

TEMPEST by Beverly Jenkins

THIS FALLEN PREY (Casey Duncan #3) by Kelley Armstrong


Recently received advance reader copies:

THE VIEW FROM FLYOVER COUNTRY: DISPATCHES FROM THE FORGOTTEN AMERICA by Sarah Kendzior

A SHARP SOLITUDE by Christine Carbo 

HOW HARD CAN IT BE? (Kate Reddy #2) by Allison Pearson

NUMBER ONE CHINESE RESTAURANT by Lillian Li 

Library books checked out on February 6:

WHISPERS OF WARNING by Jessica Estevao

THE PLOT IS MURDER by V. M.Burns

MURDER PAST DUE by Miranda James

MANDERLEY FOREVER: A BIOGRAPHY OF DAPHNE DU MAURIER by Tatiana de Rosnay

HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE by Kellye Garrett

LIES THAT COMFORT AND BETRAY by Rosemary Simpson


Recent Discoveries of books to be published: 
BURNING MEREDITH: A Mystery Set in Montana By Elizabeth Gunn

TIME’S CONVERT by Deborah Harkness

Despite all of the goodness above, I still have to go to work and do other things that are not reading! Sigh. It's so nice for the books to wait until I get home.

Happy Reading All!!!
Patti



No comments: