Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Miss Reading & Blogging!

Hello All!

The end is near! The end of my long commute days, that is. We are moving from Chandler, AZ to Tucson, AZ, at the end of this week. This will cut my almost 2 hour commute (one way) to about 1/2 an hour. Ahhhh.

I have not had time, or really the concentration, to do much reading and therefore, much blogging. I've been mostly rereading, or reading comfort reads (see previous post). Right now I'm rereading Winter & Night by S. J. Rozan in preparation for reading her new book Shanghai Moon.

But all sorts of things are happening out in the book world--things that I can't follow up on until we move and get unpacked. The American Library Association announced numerous awards they gave out at their Midwinter Convention; those I'm most interested in are the Printz, for Young Adults, and the Newbery, for Children's Literature (the Newbery tends to skew to the higher elementary to middle school readers)--the awards can be found here.

The Edgar Allan Poe Award nominees were posted also; I'm not thrilled with the list overall, just my own opinion, but here again I'd like to read the Young Adult nominees .

And then there's my endless To Be Read list--every time I look at that, I feel there's something I want to sit down and read right now. And I don't want to think about the agony I'm going to go through unpacking my own books, some of which have been in storage for over a year and a half. Whether I've read them or not, I'm sure I'm going to want to sit right down and read almost every one I unpack! Due to my driving schedule, I've already cut back on my TV watching quite a bit; hopefully I can stay out of the habit to get into the habit of using that time to read starting next week (along with an exercise program, off topic for this blog).

I am thoroughly excited about setting up a new, bigger home with my husband, and getting to know our new town of Tucson. But I also look forward to getting back into a regular schedule that includes a regular amount of reading time.

I look forward to blogging about the above soon!

Happy Reading!
Patti

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Much happiness in your new home. Missing the news is a good thing nowadays. The demise of Book World at the Post in a crusher.

Cap'n Bob said...

Can a return to Dapa-Em be far behind?