Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Reads

Hello All!

This post is in response to Ian Lewis (@bookmeme on Twitter) who posted on Twitter "Love #fridayreads? Got a blog? Write a short piece on what reading means to you and why #fridayreads is so cool. Then, share the link." This post is also for Bethanne Patrick (@thebookmaven), Erin Mitchell (@erinfaye), Rebecca Schinsky (@bookladysblog) and Margaret Brown (@shelfmagazine), who are the wonderful people behind #fridayreads. Note: the hashtag (#) is used on Twitter to bring notice to or tag a topic.

Now, on to my response:

As you all know, I am a reader. I’d almost define myself that way before I’d say I’m a librarian, but for me, in the old fashioned way, the two go hand-in-hand.

Reading is everything to me. I love to read books, read about books, talk about books, shop for books and buy books. If you have read my blog before, you know I love mysteries over every other genre, but have happily discovered other genres through book-loving friends, reading other bloggers and following book people on Twitter.

I have been very lucky to attend mystery conventions, especially Bouchercon, over the last 11 years or so. Through my attendance, I have made friendships in the mystery world with other librarians, booksellers and authors. All of these people have lead me to other books and authors. I love how the reading world works.

And now on to Friday Reads. If you are unfamiliar with Friday Reads and you are reading this, you need to go to: http://fridayreads.blogspot.com/ It defines itself as follows: “FridayReads is a community of thousands of people who come together each week to share whatever they're reading. Our goal is simple: to raise reading's visibility and encourage more people to join in!” Every Friday, all over the web, people send a tweet from Twitter, or post from Facebook, telling others what they are reading.

The BEST thing about readers, and book people of all kinds, is that we LOVE to share what we are reading!

So, what are you reading?

Happy Reading!

Patti

2 comments:

Patricia Rockwell said...

Hi, Patti,

I'm a Patty too--who used to live in Tucson. Found you through #fridayreads.

Patti L said...

Where (basically) do you live now?