Saturday, June 6, 2009

Introductory Meme for Mystery Read-A-Thon 2009

As the first members will probably be starting the Mystery Read-A-Thon around this time, here's the first post. For this, we have a short meme for you all to answer. Please take the questions to your blog and leave a link directly to the post in the comments here!

What books do you want to read during this read-a-thon?
Gilda Joyce, Psychic Investigator by Jennifer Allison (YA), Bury Me Deep by Megan Abbott (ARC from Kathy F--thanks!!!), Raiders of the Lost Corset by Ellen Byerrum, A Night at the Operation by Jeffrey Cohen, Trigger City by Sean Chercover, The Boxer and the Spy by Robert B. Parker (YA), and A Mammoth Murder by Bill Crider (titles subject to the whims of the reader on June 7)

How many books do you hope to finish? At least 3.

What (if any) breaks do you intend to take? I plan on taking breaks here and there for the restroom & food, to check in online, to post on Goodreads & my blog, and to spend time with my husband (who has his own plans for most of the day).

Do you generally read lots of mysteries and thrillers or are the one of the many genres you like? I'm a huge mystery fan, and it's my preferred genre, though I read a little bit of almost everything.

What are some of your favorite authors? Margaret Maron, Sarah Shaber, Louise Penny, S.J. Rozan, Donna Leon, Megan Abbott,...just the beginning of a very long list :).

If you could make us all read one mystery or thriller for this read-a-thon, which one would it be and why? A Place of Execution by Val McDermid, because it's a book that takes some time to read, and is excellent--a read-a-thon would be a perfect time to focus on it.

Do you prefer series or stand alones? Series

Happy Reading!
Patti

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

A PLACE OF EXECUTION is one of my very favorite books although I have another author I like pretty well too.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I am the only one who is new to mystery books doing the read-a-thon which is going to be great for getting recommendations. I love the title of Raiders of the Lost Corset! Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us in the read-a-thon!
I have to admit I don't know a single book of those you had set aside for the occasion :-) Shocking, but then I'll just wait for your reviews.