Saturday, June 6, 2009

Meme 2: Mystery Read-A-Thon 2009

Tell us more about your mystery/thriller reading habit.

When did you start reading this genre? In elementary school, in 2nd or 3rd grade. I remember being in the school library, looking at or for a Happy Hollisters book.

What was your first experience with the genre? The ever popular Nancy Drew or Agatha Christie? Or someone completely different? The Happy Hollisters first, then Nancy Drew, Dana Girls. I don't remember how I moved to adult mysteries, but I know that Charlotte Macleod and Phyllis Whitney both wrote for teens also, so those may have been transitional authors for me.

How did you discover it? In the school library.

Do you exclusively read mysteries and thrillers or do you mix it with other genres? I mix in other genres.

If you switch genres, which other genres do you read? I read quite a bit of young adult (YA), as I am a teen librarian; I also read fiction, fantasy, science fiction, some romance (preferably screwball) and nonfiction.

Would love to hear others' answers to the above questions!

Happy Reading!
Patti

2 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

Are you reading yet, Patti? I can't believe that 3 hours have already passed for me. We have a beautiful day, so I'm reading outside...what more could you ask for!

Unknown said...

You're a teen librarian? I must have completely over-read that!
Amazing :-) You're helping with creating more readers :-D