Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happily Reading

Hello All,

I've got myself into a good reading streak right now; I posted about how good The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly was; after that, I moved onto Death in High Places by Donna Leon. That was a reread for me, and I think I'm almost caught up to where I was when I stopped reading the series. I own most of them, and love that I can pick one up anytime and go to Venice.

I finished The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer last night. Wow, it's been years since I've read one of her books, and I had forgotten how good her books are. I incorrectly posted that this book was a Regency novel (set in the time period approximately between 1805-1820); The Black Moth is set earlier, sometime in the mid-1700s. I read in the introduction to this new edition that Heyer didn't start writing only Regencies until a little later. I look forward to reading all of her historicals, and am so glad Harlequin has been reprinting them.

I am currently reading Devil's Food by Kerry Greenwood, set in an Australian bakery in Melbourne, Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher, a YA novel that's part of my Countdown Challenge, and started Carolyn Hart's Ghost at Work for my bedtime reading.

Happy Reading!
Patti

No comments: